It seems that every luxury brand on the market is trying to be something else. Lexus made their name by building Mercedes-style luxury; Lincoln is now imitating Lexus; and even my beloved Infiniti is clearly influenced by BMW. That's one of several reasons I am so fond of the 2012 Cadillac SRX. Here, finally, is a luxury crossover that is doing its own thing. But is that enough to earn your hard-earned SUV-buying dollars? Let's drive it and find out.
2012 Cadillac SRX specifications:
- Base prices: $35,185 (Base); $39,715 (Luxury); $43,540 (Performance); $45,975 (Premium)
- Engine: 3.6 liter direct-injected 24-valve V6
- Horsepower: 308 @ 6,800 rpm
- Torque: 265 @ 2,400 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic with front- or all-wheel-drive
- Wheelbase: 110.5"
- Exterior dimensions: 190.3" L x75.2" W x 65.7" H
- Ground clearance: 7"
- Curb weight: 4,277 - 4,442 lbs.
- Payload: TBD
- Towing Capacity: 3,500 lbs.
- Roof Cargo Capacity: TBD
- Cargo: 29.2 cubic feet (behind second row), 61.2 cubic feet (behind first row with second row folded)
- Fuel Economy: 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway (FWD), 16/23 (AWD)
- Warranty: 4 years/50,000 miles with free scheduled maintenance